So, do as I say and not as I always do and follow these tips.
1. Take short breaks throughout the day to get up and move around or sit down and relax, depending on how you've been spending your time. Most often you hear people say you need to get up from your desk and walk around every 30 minutes or so, but what if your works has you standing and bending over a work table? This is when you should just do the opposite of what you've been doing for the last 30 minutes. Just changing things up will reinvigorate your brain and body and get things flowing.
2. Get plently of sleep. I know this can be a difficult one for lots of creatives especially if they are working a full-time job and getting their side hustle up to speed. You work a 8 to 10 hour day and come home to work some more. It's good for your business and for your entrepreneurial spirit, but it's terrible for your body and well-being. Get at least 6 hours of sleep and more if you can. You'll feel so much better and have more focus.
3. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise. Even if you have a rather physical job, you can find 30 minutes for some cardio and/or weight training exercises each day. It can be challenging at first, but soon you will find yourself in a rythm and it will become a habit. Don't be surprised if you feel like it becomes an addiction. Exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you feel good. Who does like to feel good?!
One of the best things about getting exercise, for me personally, is it is often time for me to be alone OR with friends depending on the activity and whether I am feeling intro/extroverted that day.
4. Do something you love each day that isn't part of your creative business. Do it for only 5 minutes if that's all the time you have, but make sure you do it. Maybe you love to cook or have a favorite TV show you like. Maybe you can do two of your activities to make time for you at the same time. I watch a TV show on Netflix while I am getting my cardio in. Sometimes I put it on when I am cooking. Doing something that you love to do that's outside of the work realm is refreshing and will make you happy.
5. The last tip for making time for you is to actually put it only calendar. If you take the time to plan out the next day at the end each day, then you can schedule in your YOU time. Just like an appointment! Making time for you is a challenge when you are working for yourself or toward that goal, but if you don't make time for you, nobody else will. Trust me on this.
So what are you waiting for? Put your YOU time on your calendar right now!
For a limited time I am offering FREE 30-minute strategy calls to work through your number one burning issue and give you an action plan to give your creative business an instant spark! This is a great opportunity for us to chat and see if we'd be a fabulous fit to work together. Schedule your strategy call today! I can't wait to ignite your spark!
Email Pink Spark Creative
Call us @ 865.406.3870
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
View us on Instagram